The spectacular location, the building’s charm – which will also be retained after the renovation and conversion works – and the flexible uses for the space on offer will once again attract events in the areas of business, culture and society from 2021.
The Convention Center has a unique location. The views of Lake Zurich with the Swiss Alps in the distance create a picture-perfect backdrop. The venue’s proximity to the world-famous Bahnhofstrasse, the Old Town, the university and the ETH Zurich makes it the ideal place for organising fringe programmes and sightseeing. Visitors can also choose from a wide range of accommodation within walking distance, with something to suit every budget.
CONNECTED TO THE WORLD
Located in the heart of Europe, Zurich is ideally connected to the rest of the world. 60 direct flights to over 170 destinations around the globe lead to the cosmopolitan city. It takes just 20 minutes to travel from the Zurich Airport hub to the Convention Center and just 10 minutes from the Zurich Main Station.
Zurich Main Station is the largest railway station in Switzerland with direct connections to most major Swiss cities and to neighbouring countries. And if you arrive by train, you have a number of stations from which to choose the most suitable in the heart of the city: shopping facilities and the most important sights are in the immediate vicinity.
LARGE RANGE OF HOTELS
Almost all hotels in Zurich can be reached very easily from the Zurich Convention Center, thanks to its central location and excellent public transport connections. In Zurich and the surrounding region, more than 15000 hotel and guest rooms are available, over 1000 of which are within walking distance.
- Spectacular panoramic location on Lake Zurich
- Wonderful combination of modern and traditional
- Right in the heart of Zurich
- Close to Zurich Airport
- Over 15000 hotel and guest rooms
- Ideal public transport connections
- Gateway to the Swiss Alps
Train journey times
- Zurich Airport – Zurich 9 minutes
- Lucerne – Zurich 48 minutes
- Basel – Zurich 1 hour 9 minutes
- Geneva – Zurich 2 hours 46 minutes
- Munich – Zurich 3 hours 45 minutes
- Innsbruck – Zurich 3 hours 31 minutes
- Paris – Zurich 4 hours 3 minutes